Our cutdown is also not responding correctly to the termination email. We have tried just about everything we could think of and could find on this site. Our situation is as follows:
- After following the exact field procedure of powering and resetting the occams boards, we get no motor response from the cutdown payload.
- We have verified repeatedly that the IMEI number on our emails is correct.
- We are using sbd commands used successfully by other teams.
- We know the emails get through to the modem and transmit because the queue stays at 1.
- We have verified that the correct occams boards and xbees are on the correct payloads (the ones marked "C" for coordinator are on the iridium side) - We know the xbees are communicating with one another because the ASC lights on the bottom of the occams boards flash correctly (1 Hz for the iridium side and 2 Hz for the cutdown side) - We notice that when we send emails the RSSI lights activate. - The manual "motor" button activates the motor. - The timers have overflowed and triggered the motor before. - When we send the cutdown command, we notice that on the db15 connector on the iridium side, pin 15 is at 5v and pins 7 and 8 are at ~0v, corresponding to pin code 001. - Our lipos have been recently charged
All these things considered, it seems that there is something very subtle wrong with one of the occams boards themselves, but we are not sure. It seems that the email gets into the system and is delivered to our iridium modem, and that message is communicated across the xbees to the cutdown occams, but somehowe doesn't make it to the motor pins.
What file are you using to initiate cut-down? I think there was an error in the pins used, we fiddled around a bit and our cutdown now appears to be working fine. We're testing it during flight one more time this weekend to be sure, though.